Sunday, June 14, 2015

Trying something different





This week I just wanted to try something different. This afternoon while watching you-tube, I decided to try a new technique, something I still think I need to perfect, but I was very happy with the outcome. 
I used one of the older stamp sets from Lawn Fawn, called Flutter, I really love the flowers in that set and I think they are great to use for watercolor/distress coloring. I heat-embossed the flowers first with White Zing embossing powder (on water color paper) and then I colored them in with distress inks and water. 

After my flowers and leaves were done, I was playing around with the placement of the 4 flowers and leaves and then all of a sudden I layered in circle pattern and they ended up looking like an even bigger flower to me. Sometimes it's funny how ideas just come together. I took a scrap piece of patterned paper I had lying around and stamped "Happy Birthday" on it, cut it to make it look like a little banner and layered everything together. For a finishing tough I decided to use the new Bermuda Blue sequins from Pretty Pink Posh as well as some 4mm, I believe marshmallow sequins. 

Here is how my card came out: 



Hope you all have a wonderful new week, don't forget to leave a comment if you like what you see!

1 comment:

  1. That's super pretty Deb, I really like your card! Thanks for sharing, I think I just may have to try that. :)

    ReplyDelete